Stress and Anxiety
Many of us suffer from stress and anxiety. Some stress can be useful, to make us achieve and sometimes to keep us safe, but sometimes stress levels reach unhealthy proportions and anxiety can become crippling, or at the very least unpleasant.
What can we do about stress and anxiety?
I believe we can help to alleviate stress and anxiety levels if we focus on the following:
• Aim for a balanced, nutritious diet
• Do some exercise, preferably outside in the fresh air (even if it’s only a walk)
• Listen to music, or undertake another activity we enjoy
• Use Mindfulness techniques and/or meditation
• Take time out for pleasure – socialise - it’s important to meet with friends and family and to do things we enjoy to relax
• Learn a new activity, do that art class you promised yourself, or find something else that interests you
If your stress and anxiety feels overwhelming, think about seeing a counsellor. Talking about your anxieties with someone who values how it feels for you personally, can be very healing in itself and may help to uncover some ways forward.
If you would like to contact me regarding counselling, you can do so via this website here:
I am also listed here:
Mary Saunders 07890 806501